You can purchase many gluten-free prepared foods, but the best are the ones that are homemade. Waffles have a very long history that dates back to 6000 B.C.E. Waffles are popular in many regions of the world. The is even an International Waffle Day that is celebrated every March 25th. There is a National Waffle Day that is celebrated every August 24th. There is a National Waffle Week that is celebrated every second week of September. This gives you an idea of how popular and delicious waffles are.
As a former employee of Waffle House, I really enjoyed making waffles fresh everyday. There are a variety of ways waffles may be prepared. The recipes for waffles may also differ greatly because of the ingredients and different flavors. Some people prefer chopped nuts in their waffles, while some like them plain. There are all sorts of topping that may be used also, such as syrup or fruit. People who are on gluten-free diets may enjoy the same foods as others, only the ingredients will differ a bit. I have a basic recipe for gluten-free waffles that I hope you will enjoy. UIse a waffle iron for the best homemade waffles. Waffles that are homemade are much better than store bought because they have a very fresh taste. Add a unique touch of your own by topping your waffles with the toppings you prefer. Enjoy!
2 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour mix-can be purchased at Walmart grocery
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
Cooking Spray for the waffle iron
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and beat well until thoroughly blended and smooth.
2. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat the waffle iron and adjust to the correct setting after cooking the first waffle.
4. When the iron is hot, spray the waffle iron with some cooking spray.
5. Pour the batter onto the waffle iron. Close the iron. It will take about 4-6 minutes for your waffle to cook and become golden brown.
6. Remove the waffle and repeat until all batter is used. This recipe will make about 5 waffles. Enjoy served with your favorite topping.
Tip: To easily remove the waffles from the hot iron, you may use an ice pick for easy removal.